150th Anniversary of the Foundation of Monte-Carlo
The Monte-Carlo district was founded in 1866 at the initiative of Prince Charles III, and built around the Casino designed by architect Charles Garnier. The stamp depicts a portrait of Charles III with Monte-Carlo in the background, shown as it was at the time. To the right of the Prince can be seen an extract from the Sovereign Ordinance which created Monte-Carlo.
Technical DetailsIssue Date: 16.03.2016
Designer: Yves BEAUJARD
Process: 3 colours steel-engraving
Colours: 3 Colours
Size: 52 x 31.77 mm horizontal